Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Kim Yu-na Picks Beyonce Song for New Gala Performance


Olympic figure skating champion Kim Yu-na will debut her new gala program, based on Beyonce Knowles' version of the song "Fever," at her ice shows scheduled to be held in Seoul from May 6 to 8.

"I'm really looking forward to this program because I'm playing a new character that I've never done before," Kim said. "It's full of interesting movements so I hope people will like it."

David Wilson, who choreographed the program, said through Kim's management All That Sports, "I'm excited to see how the audience will react to the 'Fever' program. The music is very sensual yet refined. I think Yuna is the only current skater who can bring it to life on the ice."

Kim's coach Peter Oppegard said, "Yuna's new exhibition is refined and seductive. She has a way of appearing elegant and captivating at the same time." The new program will "reveal a new side of her," he added.
Link:http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2011/04/05/2011040500574.html

No comments:

Post a Comment